Friday, January 29, 2016

I've been to the doctor for the first time in a long time. Years. 

I was prescribed the biggest bottle of pills I've ever seen. 360 iron pills with two refills. I'm on these for the year, I guess. My levels were that low.

I'm hoping it helps with some things. It might be too much to ask that it's the magic bullet to everything, but iron is related to energy and mood and overall health. So I'm hopeful. I don't know how long it will take for my levels to go back to normal, but I'm going to be positive. 

She also gave me some medicine for my cramps. This is the first week in ever that I've been able to function normally during my monthly hell week. I even have an appetite. 

I'm still tired, but I'm not constantly hurting. It might be a fluke, so I'm waiting for a month or two before I shout from the rooftops, but for now I'm enjoying this week as best as I can. Instead of laying in bed with 0% energy and 200% pain.

I still have to go back for all the standards exams a woman has to go through. I'm not looking forward to it but it's best to get it over with. The NP that saw me seems pretty nice, so maybe it won't suck too badly. If those are okay I'm good for until next year.

This month there were things to be paid on a deadline so I focused more of my time on trying to work more than anything. I started doing transcription and while the pay is just as rotten as the other online work I've done, it pays quick and there's bonuses added. Plus I get to transcribe a lot of tech video, which can be interesting. There was a Greek philosophy class that I wanted more of but that one went poof pretty quick. There was some TreeHouse video in there too (they have to know the people transcribing their courses are getting paid peanuts, right?) Some political debate stuff. Hopefully this is something I can stick with for a while, and hopefully move up. I'm getting faster already, so hopefully I can get an okay wage per minute with it soon.

And that's the probably the last update for this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment